Dr. Laura Schwerin
I am a Licensed Psychologist in Oregon (#1285) who specializes in treating:
- teenagers and adults with complex trauma wounds inflicted by verbal, physical, spiritual and/or sexual abuse
- teenagers and adults with family of origin issues and
- teenagers and adults with mood issues.
In addition to being in private practice since 1997, I have also
- worked as a psychologist and chaplain at the Palo Alto VA with individuals experiencing PTSD and other psychiatric illnesses and
- been Manager of Mental Health at Hazelden Springbrook, in Newberg, Oregon, where I developed and launched their “Integrated Trauma and Addiction” program in 2010.
I have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Fuller School of Psychology in Pasadena, CA, as well as a Master of Sacred Theology in Pastoral Care and a Master of Divinity from Wartburg Theological Seminary in Dubuque, IA. I’ve been a psychologist since 1997 and an ordained minister since 1983. I work with adults and adolescents. I am a member of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the APA’s Society of Addiction Psychology. I am a certified Nutritional Therapy Consultant (NTC) with the Nutritional Therapy Association (NTA), have trained in Mental Health Integrative Medicine with Dr. Leslie Korn, author of Nutrition Essentials for Mental Health and have completed the Primal Restoration Certification with Nora Gedgaudas, board certified nutritional consultant and author of Primal Body, Primal Mind and Primal Fat Burner.
Integrative Mental Health
In additional to being a psychologist I am trained in these specialties:
- Holistic Nutrition
- Mental Health Nutrition
- Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Solutions for those with Insulin Resistance
- Clinical Neurofeedback